Saturday 28 June 2008

This is the Life I follow

I stir slowly, knowing all the time that the grey outside is waiting for me. I could choose to stay in my nest, but boredom will eventually overcome me, i know this.
I stretch, admiring the strength nestled in my torso and stand. One glance and i spy some emotion staring back at me in my mirror. I cannot detect it.
My head feels naked so i reach over to my hat and hood to cover it, no one can see my emotion, they will only be able to feel it.
I workman needs his tools and i need mine, so i dig in my drawer for it.
I rummage around around for it, and then, there it is, illuminated and glinting at me, taunting me. It calls for me, and i can't resist, it has to accompany me if i am to cleanse this place properly. 
I take one last look at seductive glow and then conceal it.

Descending stairs i alter my exterior, adopt a limp and make sure my demeanor is one of complete aggression, i must appear in complete control. Each step becomes smaller, closer to my body, i notice my speed has increased.
The door halts my pilgrimage, it shows itself a formidable opponent, but i triumph, i burst through it like a bullet through a barrel.
The cold hits me like an electric shock, my jacket clings closer to me than it had done before, it too felt the jolt of this hostile environment.
With every step i take i can feel my superiority growing, emanating around me an air of brute force.
I scour the road in front of me, empty, ghostlike. My footsteps echo out of the darkness in front of me like sirens, a warning sign for those around. 
I turn the corner in my pursuit of something, anything; anyone.
I begin to get frustrated, maybe they know, maybe they have figured it out and are hiding from my righteous figure. But how could they, they have no idea, they can't have.
I continue to walk but they continue to elude my presence, my emotions take over and i strike out at a car window, shattering it with no effort, something so simple could never quench my thirst.

Then, finally i see them. There is more than i thought but no matter, this will not hinder me. I decide to wait to make my approach, i observe until i have figured them out.
She goes into a house and leaves only him on the street.
Perfect!
I creep up him slowly, lurking in the shadows and concealing my footsteps.
Then emotion overcomes me again, i surge towards him and club him over the head. He tumbles and whimpers, how pathetic. He turns to glimpse my canvas but before he can i smite him, truly and powerfully. My body throbs for more and a kick him in the stomach. He is down now. Now is the time...
I delicately reach inside for my instrument, my beautiful instrument.
It shines in the darkness, it shows me what i need to do.
He lies in front of me, mocking me, mocking my tool, i cannot tolerate this display of rudeness.
Then i launch myself at him, a blurry of swinging limbs.
Then i insert my instrument into him, i hear a pop first and then a slow, gurgling squelch.
Silence, only my coarse breathing can be heard now.
A gasp mixes with the passing wind, then his frame remains still.

There it is, that rush, that high that i crave for so much, it overcomes me, it becomes me. 
My heart raps at my ribcage, my lungs silently bellow at me. 
The warm crimson on my hands that brought such nirvana begins to cool. I peer down and gaze at the lifeless marbles directed at my face, something is happening to me. My emotion, it seems so intense, but it's the buzz, it must be. A smile meanders across my canvas.
I see someone coming towards me, i ready my tool.

This is the Life I choose to follow. 

No comments: